If you are not in a position to remove and dispose of your bonded (non-friable) asbestos materials you could look into the possibility of sealing it. This will assist in reducing any possible asbestos dust fibres being released another alternative to removing and disposing of your asbestos sheeting could be to have it sealed to reduce the risk of dust exposure.
We can seal the exposed asbestos sheeting with a specialized asbestos sealant. This sealant is specially formulated to penetrate into the sheet to lock in the asbestos fibres. This will minimize any dust being generated if the sheets get broken. Once a sheet is cracked or broken it still needs to be replaced immediately.
- We can either spray or paint on the product and this would depend on accessibility.
- This sealer comes in clear liquid form.
- We can provide you with a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet on this product.
- If there are broken or badly damaged sheets, they need to be replaced prior to the sealing being started.
- The sealing is usually conducted in conjunction with the decontamination process.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the sealing process.